When is it useful?
There are many situations to which conflict coaching can be applied, such as:
- To improve skills in managing and resolving interpersonal disagreements
- To relieve the anxiety of a past conflict where the coaching client is having difficulty “letting go” of the conflict
- To enable leaders to effectively manage conflict within their teams
- To prepare for a difficult conversation
- To prepare for participation in mediation
- To apply and practice conflict resolution techniques learned in training
What happens in Conflict Coaching?
Debbie is trained in the application of a structured coaching model (the CYNERGY® coaching model). As the coach Debbie guides the coaching client through the following steps:
- Identifying personal goals in regards to managing conflict
- Developing insights into the causes and dynamics of the conflict, including understanding their own conflict “triggers” and those of others
- Examining past reactions to conflict and the impact on self and others
- Exploring options and strategies
- Changing behaviours to produce better outcomes